- GENERAL INFORMATION ON DATA PROTECTION
- DATA COLLECTION ON THIS WEBSITE
- WEB ANALYSIS TOOLS
- PLUGINS AND TOOLS
- LEGAL NOTICE
- General Information on Data Protection
The trust of our customers is of central importance to us. For us, this also includes protecting their privacy and keeping their data safe. This data privacy statement explains what data we collect, at what scope and for what reason we collect them. You also have a right to know what we use these data for. The legal basis for data protection can be found in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz; BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz; TMG).
You may wonder what the term “personal data” means to begin with. It refers to information that can be traced back to a specific person. For example, this includes the following components:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Visited websites, etc.
CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH processes such data if this is permitted by law. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 GDPR. This in turn requires that either the data subject has consented to processing of their personal data (this may apply to one or several specific purposes), or that the processing activities are necessary in order to perform a contract or to carry out pre-contractual measures, or in order to safeguard the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party. Nevertheless, the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject that require protection of personal data must be respected first and foremost.
Origin of Data
Where did we collect the data from? Usually, we simply collect them when you share them with us. You may enter them into a contact form, for example. It is generally your decision whether or not to enter any personal or business data (email addresses, names, addresses) on our website. Other, strictly technical, data are collected automatically by our IT systems whenever you open our website. These include, among other things, the time of the page call or the web browser used.
Purposes of Data Processing
We would like to improve our service for you and use, among other things, the contact data you provide to answer your queries. We also would like to analyse your user behaviour based on your input as this is the only way that we can optimally design and continually improve our website for you.
Duration of Data Storage
CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH only stores information for a specific period of time. On the one hand, the retention periods stipulated by tax and commercial law are decisive for us. On the other hand, business communication data must be stored for at least 6 years. We shall erase any data not subject to special provisions or requirements upon your request, if you revoke your consent to storage, or if the purpose for storing the data no longer applies.
Your Data Protection Rights
The law gives you the right to be in control of your data at all times. Specifically, this means:
- You may request information about your data.
- You may have your data rectified or erased.
- You may restrict processing and portability of your data.
- You may object to storage and use of your data.
- You may withdraw your consent given under data protection law.
- And you may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
What does this mean in detail?
Right to Information
Do you want to know whether we process any personal data concerning you and what those data are? We are required to inform you about this free of charge and will, of course, happily do so. We will even provide you with a copy of the data. You also have a right to the following information:
- the purposes of processing;
- the categories of personal data processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed. This applies in particular to any recipients in third countries or international organisations;
- the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored, if possible. If this cannot be determined, we will disclose the criteria used to determine the duration;
- if the personal data are not collected from you, we will inform you of the source of the data, if available;
- application of automated decision-making, including profiling, in accordance with Articles 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in such cases, indicative information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for you.
If any personal data are transferred to a third country, you may request adequate safeguards in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to demand that we rectify your personal information without undue delay if it is incorrect. Depending on the purpose of processing, you may request that we complete your personal data, also by way of a supplementary declaration.
Right to Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”)
Art. 17(1) GDPR gives you the right to demand that we erase your personal data without undue delay. We are obligated to comply with this request in the following cases:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent on which the processing was based in accordance with point (a) of the first sentence of Art. 6(1) GDPR or point (a) of Art. 9(2) GDPR and there is no other legal basis for processing.
- You object to processing in accordance with Article 21(1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing, or you object to processing in accordance with Article 21(2) GDPR.
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully.
- Erasure of the personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under Union or Member State law that we are subject to.
- The personal data were collected in connection with information society services offered in accordance with Art. 8(1) GDPR.
What happens if we have made personal data public and are obligated to erase them in accordance with Art. 17(1) GDPR? In this case, we will inform the data controller processing the personal data that you have requested erasure of all links to, or copies or replications of, those personal data. We will take adequate measures for this, including technical ones, under consideration of the available technologies and reasonable implementation costs.
Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to request that we restrict processing if one of the following conditions applies:
- If you dispute the accuracy of the personal data, for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- If processing is unlawful and you object to erasure of the personal data and request restriction of use of the personal data instead.
- If we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need the data to assert, exercise, or defend any legal claims.
- If you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21(1) GDPR, as long as it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of our company override yours.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to obtain the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit these data to another controller without any obstruction from us. The prerequisite for this is that
- the processing is based on consent in accordance with point (a) of the first sentence of Art. 6(1) GDPR or point (a) of Art. 9(2) GDPR or on a contract in accordance with point (b) of the first sentence of Art. 6(1) GDPR and
- processing is performed using automated procedures.
When exercising your right to data portability in accordance with Article 20(1) GDPR, you may have us transfer the personal data directly to another controller, as far as this is technically feasible.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data based on points (e) or (f) of the first sentence of Art. 6(1) GDPR for personal reasons; this shall also apply to profiling based on these provisions. We shall no longer process the personal data in this case. There are only two exceptions from this:
- we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or
- processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising, or defending any legal claims.
If we process any personal data for direct marketing, you may object to this at any time; this shall also apply to the associated profiling.
You may also object if the data processing is performed for purposes of scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89(1) GDPR. There is an exception here as well if the processing activities take place in the public interest.
Right to Withdraw Consent under Data Protection Law
You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data at any time. Processing activities conducted before the time of revocation shall remain lawful.
Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
If you believe that processing of your personal data is unlawful, contact the competent supervisory authority. You may contact the data protection supervisory authority of the federal state in which you reside or the authority of the federal state in which CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH has its registered office. This is in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Would you like to know what personal data CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH has stored about you and to whom these data have been disclosed? CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH will happily inform you of this. Request a self-disclosure free of charge for this purpose. Please note, however, that CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH is not permitted to provide any information on the phone for reasons of data protection. It is, after all, impossible to clearly identify you on the phone. In order to prevent misuse by third parties, CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH will require the following information from you: Last name (if applicable, birth name), first name(s), date of birth, current address (street, house number, postcode, and town).
All rights in accordance with Art. 15 to 22 GDPR can be asserted against CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH at the following address:
CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH
Kabeler Str. 4
The operational data protection officer of CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH can be contacted at the following address or by email as well:
CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH
Data Protection Officer
Kabeler Str. 4
- Data Collection on this Website
Your personal data, such as your name or address, are protected by state-of-the-art security systems. Transmission of such data is encrypted using the secure socket layer (SSL). Most web browsers support this security standard that makes the data unreadable to outsiders. Our website www.christ-corporate.com takes all precautions required to protect your personal data. You can actively support us by
- never sharing your password, or
- using a browser that supports SSL encryption.
Together, we can ensure that your online visit is truly secure.
We will never pass on your data to third parties without your explicit consent. The only exceptions from this are our service partners whom we need to involve for processing. Of course, we also strictly observe the requirements of data protection in these cases. We also limit the scope of transmission to those data that are absolutely indispensable.
Calling up the Christ Corporate Website
When calling up our website,
- the IP address of the requesting internet-capable device,
- the date and time of access,
- the name and URL of the retrieved file,
- the website/application from which the access took place (referrer URL),
- the browser you use and, if applicable, the operating system of your internet-capable computer as well as the name of your access provider
will be sent to the server of our website automatically and without any action on your side. A log file stores this information for a limited period of time for the following purposes:
- in order to ensure smooth connection,
- in order to provide comfortable use of our website/application,
- in order to evaluate system security and stability.
If you have agreed to geolocation in your browser or operating system or in any other settings of your terminal device, we will use this function to offer you individual services related to your current location. We will process your location data for this purpose exclusively. The legal basis for processing of your IP address is point (f) of Art. 6(1) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in the purposes of processing activities as listed above. If the presentation serves preparation of a contract, the legal basis for the processing activities is point (b) Art. 6(1) GDPR.
Use and Deactivation of Cookies
Collection and Processing When Using the Contact Form
Our website offers a form for electronic contact. When you use that contact form, we will collect personal data only as far as you provide them to us. This refers to individual information concerning personal or factual situations of an identified or identifiable individual. We will only use your email address to process your query. The processing activities will be based on point (f) of Art. 6(1) GDPR (reconciliation of interests). We as a company and you both pursue a concurrent (legitimate) interest. The goal is that of answering your queries, solving any issues that may exist and maintaining and increasing your satisfaction as a customer or user of our website as a result.
- Web Analysis Tools
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files that are stored on your computer and permit analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie concerning your behaviour on this website usually is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or another contracting state of the treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information for the following purposes on behalf of the operator of this website:
- to evaluate your use of the website,
- to compile reports about the website activities, and
- to render further services associated with the use of the website and the internet for the website operator.
The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data from Google. You may prevent storage of cookies by making the corresponding settings in your browser software. You may also prevent collection of data generated by the cookie and connected to your use of the website (including your IP address) and processing of such data by Google. Please download the browser plug-in provided under the link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de and install it for this purpose.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, or for browsers on mobile devices, you may click the following link to prevent collection by Google Analytics on this website in future: Disable data collection by Google Analytics for this website. This will place an opt-out cookie on your device. If you delete your cookies, you must click the link again.
- Plug-ins und Tools
This website uses the map service Google Maps via an application programming interface (API). The provider is Google Inc. The functions of Google Maps can only be used if your IP address is stored. This information is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this website has no influence on this data transmission.
We use Google Maps to help you find the places we refer to on the website, such as our stores.
Google Web Fonts
This website uses web fonts provided by Google for consistent display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser will load the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
Your browser must connect to Google’s servers for this, thereby informing Google that our website has been accessed via your IP address. Google web fonts are used in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers.
If your browser does not support web fonts, your computer will use a default font.
Google Tag Manager
This website uses the Google Tag Manager. Through this service, website tags can be managed through a single interface. The Google Tag Manager merely implements tags. This means that it uses no cookies and that no personal data are collected. Google Tag Manager triggers other tags that may in turn collect data. However, Google Tag Manager does not access these data. Deactivation on domain or cookie level will remain in place for all tracking tags as far as they are implemented with the Google Tag Manager.
- Legal Notice
CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH constantly reviews and updates the information on its websites. In spite of all care, the data may have changed since then. Therefore, we cannot assume any liability or guarantee for the topicality, accuracy, and completeness of the information provided. This applies accordingly to all other websites that are linked to by hyperlinks.
CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH is not responsible for the content of any websites that can be accessed via such links. We explicitly dissociate ourselves from any contents on the pages linked by us. We explicitly state that we have no influence whatsoever on the design and content of pages outside of our domain and are, therefore, not responsible for their maintenance.
Furthermore, CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH reserves the right to change or supplement the information provided. The content and structure of the website of CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH are protected by copyright. Reproduction of any information or data, in particular use of texts, parts of texts, or images, shall require the advance consent of CHRIST Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH.